Portrait Workflow Course – Module 4: Confirmation Workflow
In this Module, the template workflow we’re going to work our way through and customise is the “Confirmation” workflow.
NB. Remember at this stage in the course we’re concentrating on one type of shoot only; your chosen common shoot type from Module 2, and customising the workflows to that. Adapting them to create workflows for your other shoot types will be covered in Module 9.
👉 If you’ve not already customised the “Shoot Date” Workflow please go back to Module 3 and do that first.
Now you may well have been chatting with a potential client for some time. They perhaps got in touch a while ago and there’s been a bit of to-ing and fro-ing before they’re ready to go ahead. However, they have now committed to a date and you’re confident the shoot is going to happen; perhaps they’ve signed a contract or paid their booking fee.
With this change of shoot status from “Enquiry” to “Confirmed” there may be certain things to be done based on this date, rather than the date of the shoot itself.
In the template we’ve provided, it’s a simple email to say thanks for booking and confirming the details so the customisation is a lot simpler than what we did for the “Shoot Date” workflow.
Review email wording
- In the Preference pane, click on “Workflows” in the “Business Setup” category.
- Choose the “-Sample Portrait 02 Confirmation” workflow.
- Click on the step “-Sample Portrait Confirmation” (the only one in the workflow) and double-click it.
- In the pop-up window, you’ll see the name of the email template, with the “Scheduled Time” showing as 09:00 in grey.
- As we want the email to be sent as soon as the shoot is confirmed (i.e it’s 0 days offset from the confirmation date) leave the “Scheduled Time” blank so that Light Blue automatically sends it straight away.
- Click on “Open Template” and you’ll be taken to the template.
- Review the subject line, message wording and mail-merge tags.
- Add any hyperlinks, images or attachments.
Adding an extra step
It can be quite common to send a welcome pack or gift to your client when they’ve confirmed their shoot with you.
If this is the case in your business you’ll want to add an extra step to your workflow.
- Simply click on the green “+” to add the details.
- Choose “Task” from the dropdown menu beside “Type”
- Name the task.
- Enter the “Offset” details for when you want this to happen in relation to the date the workflow is based on, in this case, the confirmation date.
⭐️ Top Tip: Remember to use the “Category” dropdown menu we talked about in Module 3 to categorise your steps so you can clearly see the different kinds of activity needing to be completed.
Now we’ve got the “Confirmation” Workflow customised it’s time to look at the next one; the “Enquiry” Workflow which we’ll cover in Module 5.
👉 When you’re ready, here’s the link to Module 5.
And if you want to skip ahead (or indeed jump back!) to other modules in the course here are the links for each of them:
Module 1: Downloading and installing the templates
Module 2: Template overview
Module 3: Shoot Date Workflow
Module 5: Enquiry Workflow
Module 6: Viewing Session Workflows
Module 7: Production Collection Workflows
Module 8: How the Workflows actually work
Module 9: Adapting for other Shoot Types