Creating a sale
Sales are what you use to bill your clients for the work you’ve done for them. You can print a sale as an order confirmation, or produce an invoice from it when you and your client are happy with the details.
Creating a sale
The quickest way to make a new sale linked to a shoot is from the shoot record itself:
- Go to the shoot’s “Linked Records” panel and click the + button.
- Select the “New Sale” option.
- A new sale is created for you, and it’s automatically linked to the shoot that you created it from. The shoot’s primary contact’s details are automatically filled in as the sale’s billing contact.
Alternatively, you can make a new sale by clicking the ‘Create sale’ button on a quote, which is covered in this article. However, I should note that you don’t have to make a quote in order to make an invoice: you can proceed straight to invoicing your client if you don’t want to create a quote first.
You need to add some items to a sale to specify what you are charging your client for. To do that:
- Go to the “Items” panel on the sale.
- Click the + button to add an item.
- Enter the details of what you’re selling. If you’ve set up a price list then you can select items from your price list, but if you don’t want to use a price list then you can type in the item’s name and price.
When you’ve finished entering the details of the sale, you can turn it into an invoice.
If you’re charging VAT or sales tax, you can find out how to set that up in this article.
You can add discounts to a sale. There are more details about how this works in this article.