We’ve just released Light Blue 8.2.5, which adds more new features and some bug fixes.
You can update to Light Blue 8.2.5 by using the “Check For Updates” command from within Light Blue. You’ll find that in the Light Blue menu if you’re on a Mac, or in the Help menu if you’re using Windows. You can also download the installer for the latest version of Light Blue by logging into your account on our website.
Here’s a list of the changes that we’ve made in this update:
- Worked around a change in Google’s account authorisation page that could prevent you from authorising Google Calendar publishing on Windows.
- Changed the character encoding of our CSV data exports from UTF8 to UTF16 to work around a problem where Excel can fail to decode some characters properly when it reads a UTF8 file.
- Fixed an error message that appeared when you create an email from the Resources panel of the Preferences window.
- When you accept a contract that includes quotes, Light Blue now only reject other quotes for that shoot that were included in that contract. Previously, it would reject all other quotes for that shoot, even if they weren’t included in the contract.
- Fixed a problem where mail-merge tags that should contain multiple lines (e.g. %ContactAddress% or %ShootSchedule%) are being displayed on a single line when used in an email.
- Fixed a problem where the “Check For Updates” command on Windows could display the “you already have the latest version of Light Blue” message twice.