Emails: forwarding them to your Light Blue account
Using Light Blue for your emails is great for keeping all your correspondence with your clients together in one place; any emails sent to them and all replies received will be linked to the correct Light Blue Record. Sometimes though you may receive emails in your own email account that you’ll want to forward into Light Blue and this guide will show you how to do so.
Forwarding an email to Light Blue
- From your email app or webmail simply forward the email to your in-built Light Blue email address. If you’re not sure what this email address is, go to the “Email” section of Preferences and click on the “Copy My Unique Email Address To The Clipboard” button.
- Paste your email into the email that you want to send to Light Blue, send it and it will then appear in your Light Blue Inbox.
- You can link incoming emails to an existing Light Blue Contact or Shoot Record using the “Link to Existing Record” button at the bottom of the Inbox.
- Or alternatively, you can “Create Contact”/“Create Enquiry” for new contacts/enquires.
NB. If you use Airmail, an email app available for macOS, and want to use it to forward emails to your Light Blue account, you need to enable it’s “Extended Headers” option to make it include the information that Light Blue needs to extract the correct part of the email and match it to information in your account. To do this, simply enable the “Extended Headers” option in Airmail’s preferences window before forwarding a message to your Light Blue account.
Forwarding an email to a specific Light Blue Record
- To get a Record’s unique email address, go to its “Activity” tab.
- Click on the cog and choose “Get This Record’s Unique Email Address” from the dropdown menu which copies it to your clipboard.
- Paste your email into the email that you want to send to Light Blue, send it and it will then appear in your Light Blue Inbox but will be linked to the Record automatically.
Automatically ensuring emails and replies are in Light Blue
If you’re using Light Blue for your emails this will happen automatically!
All emails sent from Light Blue can be viewed in the Activity Panel of the Record they were sent from and all replies are automatically linked to the correct Light Blue Record. This is done by including the Record’s unique email address as a ‘Reply-to’ field in the original email. This feature is already set up on your account so as long as you don’t turn it off everything will happen seamlessly!