We regularly release free updates to Light Blue that tweak existing features and fix bugs. Today, we released Light Blue 6.1.3 for Mac OS X and Windows.
If you’re one of our subscribers, or if you’ve bought a standalone licence for Light Blue 6, you can download this latest update by using the ‘Check For Updates’ command from within Light Blue. If you’re using a Mac, you’ll find this command in the ‘Light Blue’ menu. If you’re using Windows, it will be in the ‘Help’ menu.
Light Blue 6.1.3 includes the following changes:
- Forms that have been submitted but not imported into Light Blue can now be printed via the linked shoot’s Activity panel.
- Fixed a problem where some mail-merge tags that contained special characters could fail to work properly in contracts.
- We’ve changed the “Your details” heading in our sample wedding booking forms to “Wedding couple’s details”.
- You can now use all of the usual date options when using the ‘Email Date’ field in the query dialog.
- Appointments that have been created but not linked to any other records can now be edited via the calendar.
- Fixed a problem that could prevent our licence agreement from being displayed on Windows.
- Fixed a problem that could occur when trying to link a shoot that doesn’t exist to a purchase item.
- Fixed a problem that could prevent you from importing an MPA Cherubs data file that contains inconsistent data.
- When you delete incoming data via the Inbox, any associated form is now always deleted as well.
- Fixed a problem where, on Windows, changing the price list in a sale or quote item dialog failed to take effect until the dialog was closed and reopened.
- We’ve fixed any unexpected quits that have been reported to us.
We’ve also been continuing to update our client portal, and have recently made the following changes live:
- Required fields are more prominent and, if they haven’t all been filled in, an explanation is included next to the disabled ‘Submit’ button.
- ‘Wedding Couple’ controls on forms now always require two contacts to be added.
- Added a drop-down menu to time controls, to make it easier for clients to enter times correctly.
- When a client adds new contacts to a form, they now appear in the correct order in Light Blue Inbox and in the email that’s sent to you.
- When using a popup contact form, clicking the ‘Submit’ button scrolls you back to the top of the page to ensure that the thank you page is visible.
- Popup contact forms are now reloaded if you close and reopen them.