🎥 Recording mileage
Light Blue lets you record mileage for when you travel to jobs or meetings, and there’s a report which pulls out that mileage and converts it to expense records so you know how much you need to pay to which staff member.
Recording mileage for a shoot
- On the shoot record, there’s a “Mileage” total. Click the arrow button next to it.
- The dialog that opens lists all of the mileage you’ve recorded for this shoot. You can add a new mileage claim by clicking the + button and recording when you mileage took place, which member of staff is making the claim, the number of miles driven, and the rate you’re claiming mileage at.
- When you close the mileage dialog, you’ll see that it’s now recorded on the shoot.
Recording mileage for an appointment
- Double click on the appointment to open it.
- At the bottom of the appointment dialog is a mileage total. Click the arrow button next to it.
- The dialog that opens lists all of the mileage you’ve recorded for this appointment. You can add a new mileage claim by clicking the + button and recording when you mileage took place, which member of staff is making the claim, the number of miles driven, and the rate you’re claiming mileage at.
Recording other mileage claims
You can also record mileage that’s not related to a specific shoot or appointment. To do that:
- Open the Preferences window and go the “Resources” section.
- Select the member of staff you’re recording mileage for.
- Click the arrow button next to their mileage total and add a new mileage claim.
Reporting on and claiming mileage
If you want to see all of the mileage that took place in a certain period (e.g. because your accountant has asked you for your mileage for the previous financial year):
- Open the “Reports” menu and select the “Mileage” option.
- Select a date range and click the “OK” button to generate the report.
Mileage recorded in Light Blue can also be “claimed” by creating purchase records that you can use to show your company reimbursing you for your mileage expenses. To do that:
- Open the “Reports” menu and select the “Unclaimed Mileage” option.
- There isn’t a date range option in this report because it will list all unclaimed mileage, no matter how old it is.
- If you want to generate purchase records and claim the mileage, tick the checkbox in the report options and then click the “OK” button.
- Light Blue will generate your mileage report and also create a purchase record for each member of staff that needs to claim mileage expenses. You can use those purchases to see how much is owed to them.