We’ve just released Light Blue 2020.1.3, which adds more new features and some bug fixes.
You can update to Light Blue 2020.1.3 by using the “Check For Updates” command from within Light Blue. You’ll find that in the Light Blue menu if you’re on a Mac, or in the Help menu if you’re using Windows. You can also download the installer for the latest version of Light Blue by logging into your account on our website.
Here’s a list of the changes that we’ve made in this update:
- Fixed a runtime error that could occur on Windows when opening a window containing an HTML editor.
- On Windows, reports are now opened in Light Blue’s reports viewer instead of in your default web browser.
- Viewing an invoice that was created in a version of Light Blue before 2020.1 in the desktop app will make that invoice available online if it has an unpaid amount greater than zero and has payment reminders set up.
- A warning is now displayed when you’re composing or viewing an email sent via your own SMTP server when you have Light Blue’s email tracking features enabled, because our email tracking features only apply to emails sent via our own email servers.
- Added SaleNextPaymentDueDate and SaleFinalPaymentDueDate mail-merge tags, and made the old SalePaymentDueDate tag work as SaleNextPaymentDueDate.
- Added support for ‘NextAppointment’ and ‘NextConfirmedAppointment’ address mail-merge tags in workflow emails.
- Changed localisation of form address headings so that the notification email you receive when a client fills in a form will use your localised headings.
- Wedding roles are now translated in the shoot linked contacts role menu.
- Translated the “Are you sure you want to sign this contract?” confirmation dialog into French and German
- Improved the automatic linking of Contact records by company name when importing Purchase records from a CSV file.
- The “Ask Every Time” print branding option is now only applied for “real” printing: PDFs will always include branding.
- The “Received Today” filter in the Inbox no longer shows items received yesterday and today if your current timezone is UTC+something.
- When adding new contacts to a shoot on Windows, the Role field for additional linked contacts now includes a popup menu.
- Fixed a bug where the bounding box for a selected image in an HTML editor wouldn’t move if you use the mouse wheel or trackpad to scroll the HTML editor.
- Fixed a bug where a payment reminder email that crosses the daylight savings time boundary would be scheduled an hour earlier or later than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the HTML editor text size menu would always show “12”, even when you’ve selected text that’s a different size.
- Fixed a problem on Windows where changes made in an HTML editor could be lost if you click into it after making changes in a different control.
- Fixed a bug where the “Mark As Paid” button was shown on instalments that have been overpaid.
- Fixed a problem where Google Calendar publishing could stop working after several months.
- Fixed an obscure bug where editing a record and saving it by clicking a quick query that the edit moves it into selects that record in the records list but not in the detail panel.
- Fixed a bug that prevented contact photos from being included on the shoot detail printout.
- Fixed a bug where loading a long list of items, scrolling to the bottom of the list and selecting an item would scroll the list back to the top.