We’ve just released Light Blue 8.2.7, which adds more new features and some bug fixes.
You can update to Light Blue 8.2.7 by using the “Check For Updates” command from within Light Blue. You’ll find that in the Light Blue menu if you’re on a Mac, or in the Help menu if you’re using Windows. You can also download the installer for the latest version of Light Blue by logging into your account on our website.
Here’s a list of the changes that we’ve made in this update:
- Removed warnings about sending emails via Light Blue’s own email servers, because the Gmail now respects the “Reply To” header in emails. Previously, we encouraged you to use your own email account because Gmail sometimes didn’t respect the “Reply To” header and that could cause client’s replies to your emails to not be sent to you.
- Google account authentication for our Google Calendar publishing feature is now handled in your default web browser, instead of a browser embedded in Light Blue. This is because Google no longer allow embedded browsers to be used as part of their authentication process. If you’re already using our Google Calendar publishing feature then you won’t notice any difference with this change, but if you’re setting up Google Calendar publishing then you should make sure that all of your computers are using Light Blue 8.2.7 or newer.
- When printing a contact or shoot record, line breaks are preserved in any notes that you include.
- Added a UK flat-rate VAT scheme version of our accrual basis tax report.
- Importing an order from theimagefile no longer creates an unnecessary Purchase record.
- Fixed a problem on macOS where adding or deleting branding files could fail to “stick” after reloading the preferences window.
- Fixed a problem where an email template with unusual formatting could sometimes fail to be displayed properly.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes that have been reported.