Posted on Tuesday 12 July 2011
At some point over the next few weeks, Apple will release Mac OS X Lion.
We have done some preliminary tests with the development releases of Lion, and have identified an issue with a plugin which we use that will cause Light Blue to fail to launch when run on Lion.
We're working with the manufacturers of that plugin to get a release of Light Blue which will be compatible with Lion, but they tell us that they will not be able to give us that plugin until they have tested it with the release version of Lion. Therefore, we regret to announce that Light Blue will not be immediately compatible with Mac OS X Lion.
Given all this, we would very strongly urge anyone contemplating upgrading as soon as Lion is released to wait until we have released a fully compatible version of Light Blue.
We will initially be working on Light Blue v3, and will issue a Lion-compatible version of that as quickly as we can once Lion is released; we will, of course, be constrained by the speed of development from the plugin suppliers. We will also be issuing a Lion-compatible release of Light Blue v2, but this will take longer for us to implement.
Return to the list of news articles...